Louisa May Alcott

Louisa May Alcott
An American writer

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful accomplishments

I want to wish everyone a hearty Happy Thanksgiving!  My kids are home and I'll be heading to California with the youngest to get her car down to L.A. 

In the meantime, I'll have a guest blogger here on Monday.  Meg Mims, author of "Double Crossing", has penned a twist on the classic "True Grit" movie, one of my favorites (the original, with John Wayne).

So tell me, what are you thankful you've accomplished during the past year?  Have you finished a book?  Entered a contest?  It doesn't have to be a big thing, but I think sometimes we forget to pause and pat ourselves on the back for what we've done.  I know it's human nature to focus on the stuff we DIDN'T get done, but put that aside for a few days and give yourself credit.

Me?  I've finally resurrected the bullfighting book and it's getting closer to being sent in again.  And I've been studying writing books and learning the craft ever better. 

No comments: