Louisa May Alcott

Louisa May Alcott
An American writer

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Kindle Plunge

Okay, I did it.  This morning I ordered a new Kindle DX from Amazon.com.  While I still lust after an iPad, the fact that it doesn't handle text as well as a Kindle and that they haven't come out with the e-ink/LCD version that can handle both types of content--and the fact that the rec room remodel will soon be done--forced me to take action.

When the rec room is finally finished, it will not have nearly the bookcase capacity that it did pre-remodel.  All those books have to fit into much less space than they did before.  Hence, the Kindle. 

Of course, for the next few gift-giving occasions, I'll be putting Amazon gift cards on my wish list.  What are your suggestions for content for my new device?  Free books?  Research books?  Anne Stuart has a new book out.  So does Maggie Shayne

Make me a list of your favorites and I'll start the hunt!

No comments: