Louisa May Alcott

Louisa May Alcott
An American writer

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Charging your equipment in the UK

Well, the inevitable happened.  I forgot something.  Or rather, I forgot to double-check something.  I brought the voltage converter and an outlet adapter.  However, it's a UK to US 2 prong adapter.  The computer, of course, takes a 3-prong plug.  You know, the one with the little round ground plug below the two regular prongs? and after much fruitless searching for the past 2 days, I've come to the conclusion that I'm unlikely to find said adapter over here.  Because, of course, anyone from the UK would be going TO the US, not coming FROM it.  ::sigh::  So I plugged in the voltage adapter and the converter plug I brought with me, and then just turned the power plug to the laptop upside down and it does charge the laptop that way.  Needless to say, this is less than optimal.  I don't leave it plugged in overnight or unattended for any length of time.  But it works in a pinch, and that's what we're in, laptop-wise.  Ain't technology grand?

No comments: